760-202-1304DEADLINE FOR THE DTL $1,000.00 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PACKAGE IS APRIL 15, 2017. PLEASE REMIND ANY INTERESTED PERSONS TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS NO LATER THAN APRIL 15.
Greetings from the Desert Theatre League!
We are pleased to announce that we will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a talented and worthy desert resident.
All individuals desirous of expanding their expertise in the arts are eligible. There are no age restrictions.
Previous DTL scholarship winners are not eligible.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Each applicant must complete an Application for Desert Theatre League Scholarship (signed by a DTL member) and submit it together with this information:
1. Attach a 300-500 word essay describing (a) yourself, (b) your participation in the arts, (c) what you hope to accomplish with the aid of this scholarship, and (d) why you have the need for assistance.
2. Performing applicants (e.g., actors, dancers, musicians, etc.) must include a 3 to 5 minute CD/DVD, preferably from a live performance, showcasing their talents. Format of CD/DVD must be readable by a CD/DVD player. MP3, MPEG files or links to websites will not be considered.
3. Non-performing applicants (e.g., costume or set designers, writers, etc.) must include a portfolio with examples of their body of work.
4. Mail application (signed by a DTL member), your essay, CD/DVD, portfolio to:
Desert Theatre League
P.O. Box 854
Palm Springs, CA 92263
5. Applicants must be residents of Coachella Valley or High Desert communities.
6. Final date for submissions is April 15, 2017.
Note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.